Brain Drain, Recruitment & Retention
Is the brain drain a real thing? How is it affecting FM? And how do we manage and implement solutions to stem the flow and recruit and retain staff? These questions and more will be put to a panel of FM team managers during a one-hour breakfast session and panel discussion. Part of our National Breakfast Seminar Series.
Members need to be logged in to the member portal to take advantage of member rates when registering for events.
Is the Brain drain a real thing? How is it affecting FM? And how do we manage and implement solutions to stem the flow and recruit and retain staff?
These questions and more will be put to a panel of FM team managers during a one-hour discussion hosted by FMANZ Waikato/BOP.
Facilitated by FMANZ Chief Executive Jo Duggan, the discussion will be kicked off by Vanessa Powell, Business Director - Procurement, Property & Facilities at Robert Walters, who will be joined by two to three local panelists. Input, questions, and comments from attendees is encouraged.
Discussion topics will include:
• What's happening in the FM job market at the moment? Are things as bad as we hear?
• What does staff recruitment and retention look like during this time of movement?
• What drives people to stay in a role? What motivates them to leave?
• How can we retain staff within our FM teams and organisations?
• How can we recruit experienced FMs? Where should we be looking?
• How can we create a pipeline to attract good people into the industry?
• FM is changing rapidly. With the FM Summit theme in mind, how do we ensure we have the necessary scope of skills to meet these changes? And what do we need to be doing as an industry to ensure our people are 'fit for purpose'?
• What role does professional development and training play in all of this?
To round off this National Breakfast Seminar Series, learnings from around the regions will be shared via an online wrap-up in mid-August, prior to Summit.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Professional Competency: Strategy & Leadership